The Church of St James

The presence of a church on the site is recorded
in the Domesday Book.  The village, including its
church, was given in 1167 to the Knights Templar,
and remained in their possession until 1308.  They
were responsible for starting the building of
the present church in the later part of the
12th century.

Get this image from alamy

The Church of St James
Knights Templar