Whitby Swing Bridge
The River Esk has been crossed by bridges at this location
for centuries. The original wooden bridge was replaced in
1629 with one which included moving parts, then this was
later replaced by a drawbridge. The first swing bridge
was opened in 1833, eventually being replaced by the
current bridge in the early 20th century.
Get this image from alamy