York Minster, South Transept

The north and south transepts were the first parts of the new
church to be built.  In the south transept is a rose window whose
glass dates from about 1500 and commemorates the union of
the royal houses of York and Lancaster.  The roof of the south
transept was burnt in the fire of 1984 and was replaced in the
restoration work which was completed in 1988.  New designs
were used for the bosses, five of which were designed by
winners of a competition organised by the BBC's
Blue Peter television programme.

Get this image from alamy