The Mansion House, York.
Home of the Lord Mayors of York during their term in office.
Built in an early Georgian style, the foundation stone was laid
in 1725 with the building being completed seven years later
in 1732. It was restored by the York Civic Trust in 1988.
It exhibits a wide collection of silver, antique furniture
and paintings. The collection includes York's great sword
of state, dated 1416, which once belonged to the
Holy Roman Emperor Sigismund.
Get this image from alamy