Ludlow

The Parish Church of St. Laurence

Established by the Normans in the late 11th century, it is situated
atop the hill around which the medieval town developed.  The
church was rebuilt in the year 1199 and has had several later
additions and modifications.  The tower is 135 feet (41 metres)
high and commands expansive views of the town and
surrounding countryside.  It is the largest parish church
in Shropshire and is often described as the
'Cathedral of the Marches'.

The Parish Church of St. Laurence