Made in 1895 by William Potts & Sons of Leeds who still
maintain the contract for winding, regulating, oiling and
maintaining the clock. It used to require winding every
day until an electric motor was fitted in 1960. The dial
measures six feet six inches in diameter. The clock
uses four bells of the peal of twelve for the chimes
and the Major Bell to strike the hour.