23 November 17 Birmingham,West Midlands. Mostly sunny, some cloud later.
The Colmore Gate office building (Seymour Harris Partnership 1992).
Statue of Horatio Nelson, by Sir Richard Westamott (1809), at the Bull Ring.
The Rotunda building, New Street.
The Chaophraya Thai restaurant, overlooking the Bull Ring.
The Selfridges department store (Future Systems, 2003) at the Bullring.
Window cleaners near the Bull Ring.
Reflections on the Grand Central building.
The atrium at New Street railway station, Grand Central complex.
The former ABC cinema building, New Street.
'The River', a sculpture by Dhruva Mistry (1994), Victoria Square.
Otherwise known as the Floozie in the Jacuzzi.
The Council House building (Yeoville Thomason 1879).
The Library of Birmingham building (Mecanoo 2013),
and the Baskerville building (T.Cecil Howitt 1938).
The Skyline Viewpoint viewing area in the Library of Birmingham.
In the Library of Birmingham building.
In the rotunda at the Library of Birmingham.
The Hyatt Regency hotel building.
Gas Street Basin.
Gas Street Basin.
The Worcester and Birmingham Canal at the junction with the
BCN Main Line canal, Gas Street Basin,
The Cube (Ken Shuttleworth of Make Architects, 2010).
The Canal Wharf apartments alongside the Worcester and Birmingham Canal.
'Anglepoise', a giant desk lamp sculpture by
Holmes Wood Consultancy 2014, at the Mailbox.
'Birmingham Figure', a sculpture by Lea Grandjean 1987.
The John Lewis department store building (Haskoll 2015).
Part of the Grand Central shopping centre.
The Centre City Tower building
(Richard Seifert and Partners 1975).
The 10 Holloway Circus building, also called the Holloway
Circus Tower or Beetham Tower (Ian Simpson 2006).
The Back to Backs.
The Birmingham Back to Backs (also known as Court 15) are the city's last surviving
court of back-to-back houses. They are preserved as examples of the thousands of similar
houses that were built around shared courtyards, for the rapidly increasing population
of Britain's expanding industrial towns. This court, at 50-54 Inge Street and
55-63 Hurst Street, is now operated as a museum by the National Trust.
Clock maker's tool bench.
Vintage Singer overlocking machine.