5 February 16 A wander around the town and the 'Night Light' festival. Cloudy with some rain on and off.
Canalhouse bar across the Nottingham Canal.
Cast-iron parish boundary marker, dated 1869, on the
Nottingham Canal towpath. It shows the names of three
Overseers of the Poor in raised lettering. Nottingham's
parish boundaries were defined in connection with
levying of Poor Rates, c1869. It is a listed structure.
Gas street lamps are still in use on the Park Estate.
Part of Six Figures, a 10m long carved stone sculptured
balustrade, by Richard Perry, at Nottingham Castle.
The roof of the Amenities Building at the Inland Revenue
Centre, from Nottingham Castle.
The Corner House building, South Sherwood Street.
Inside the Newton Building, Nottingham Trent University.
The Theatre Royal building, Upper Parliament Street.
'Quartet', a sculpture by Richard Perry (1986).
Detail from 'Quartet'.
Archer made from reeds, in the Castle Grounds.
Nottingham Castle Grounds during the Night Light festival.
Illuminated topiary figures in the Castle Grounds.
Trees and shrubs in the Castle Grounds
Dome of the Council House building, Old Market Square.