Ryecroft Hall, built 1849. Grade 2 listed.
In 1849 the Earl of Stamford and Warrington sold the land to the Buckley family, who
owned the cotton mills at Ryecroft. James Smith Buckley passed the house on in 1885
to his nephew Abel Buckley, who lived there for twenty-two years. He was a Liberal MP
and the Mayor of Ashton. In 1913 Austin Hopkinson, MP for Mossley, inventor of a coal
cutting machine and owner of Delta Engineering Works, lived in the hall. In the First World
War it was used as a hospital with over 100 beds and in 1922 he gave the house and grounds
to the people of Audenshaw for council offices.